Tuesday, March 25, 2008

One of Two Is Done

Well, one of two anxieties is done with. I finally met DH's DD yesterday afternoon. She is sweet and cute, just as you would expect a 20 year old to be. And her DD is just as sweet and cute as a 9 month old is expected to be. The three of us (me, DH & DD) had a good, light hearted chat at the kitchen table. She seems very personable and genuine. Nothing too deep was discussed. Mostly, we ooh'd and aah'd and the baby who was discovering all the dirt on the kitchen floor. I desperately need to clean this house. I just hate house cleaning, hate it, hate it. The other anxiety (AF) is still MIA.

Actually there are four anxieties that I would like to get done with before the FET:

1) Meet DH's DD - done!
2) AF to show up
3) Finish project for work so I can do #4
4) Taxes - UGH! dreaded taxes

If #3 doesn't get done soon (like, by this Friday) due to people making changes, then it will be put on the back burner, and I will move on to #4. I just cannot wait until mid April to do our taxes. I absolutely refuse to wait until then. I will get them done, done.

Edited to add: AF has actually decided to show up today... yeaaaa! So, two of two (errr, four) things... done! I immediately put on a Vivelle dot, and then I called and scheduled my day 13 appointment for b/w and u/s for Monday, April 7th. Actually, this will be day 14, but my RE won't be there on Sunday, and I guess day 14 is fine. Then transfer will be 2 or 3 days after. We have 4 day 3 embryos in the freezer, and I am praying that at least 3 of them thaw ok. So, FET #1 has officially started.

3 comments:

Maria said...

YAY!! Two of two done!!

I can't wait for your transfer, I'll be just a week or two behind you!!

Keeping my fingers tightly crossed.

~Carrie said...

I'm glad that your meeting with DH's DD went smoothly. That, coupled with AF finally showing up must be a great relief.
Just a few weeks until your transfer - I'll keep my fingers crossed too!

Optimistic said...

Great News! I'm sure meeting DH's DD was scary at first, glad things went well! I'm so glad AF arrived and you can start for FET. I'll be praying for you!