Friday, January 11, 2008

Decaf Coffee...


Well I took the plunge. It was either cut coffee out all together or switch to decaf. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not a big coffee drinker. I usually only drink 1 or 2 cups in the morning. So for the last few mornings I have just not drank any coffee at all to see if I could just not drink it at all. Well, I haven't felt myself, so, yesterday I bought a bag of decaf. I just made the first pot, which is only a 4 cup pot. I had to first stop and smell the aroma when I opened the vacuum bag. It was ok, even good. Then, as it was brewing, I noticed it was still smelling pretty good. I fixed my first cup, took a deep breath and then a careful sip.... I must say it is pretty dang good. I can't believe it... YEAAAA, I can keep coffee! I guess I have been sort of paranoid that it would suck because one time at work (one time at band camp - hahaha), I tried some decaf, and I don't know it was too strong or the brand or what, but it was not good at all. In fact, it was down right horrible. I swore from then on that regular coffee was the only way to go. Well my friends, I have turned that page in my head. I am sooo relieved.

Now, on to iced tea. This will probably not be as easy. Down here in the South, it is all about iced tea now. Sweet Iced Tea. I think I am going to start with switching out one of the three family sized bags of regular with decaf and see how that goes. Who knows, maybe it will not be noticeable.

Anyway, t-minus 24 hours and counting until my first injection of Lupron.

2 comments:

Nadine said...

yummy decaf coffee, LOVE IT, I quit coffee back in August and switched to decaf coffee (which still has caffine) and I don't think I would ever go back to real coffee. Starbucks makes amazing decaf coffee, just in case you need it on the go.

alisa said...

Luzienne decaf tea bags are great for making iced tea. I barely miss the caffeine!