Thursday, January 31, 2008

Trigger Time

Trigger went good last nite (I think). I didn't feel it at all. DH did a good job, except I think he missed the upper outer quadrant. He went more to the upper inside quadrant - or well, right on the centerline between the two, but there is nothing we can do about it now. I'm trying not to obsess about it. The spot is a little sore this morning, but other than that... nada. I was thinking that I felt some egg maturing going on during the nite, but I think it was just gas (as I found out later)... hahahaha. Na, but really, I have been quite tender in that area since yesterday morning, and even more so this morning. I am ripening up! hahaha. Anyway, more about the event...

8:40 pm: I finally decide it is time to go get the syringe, the needle, the alcohol and the trigger vials.

8:45 pm: Table has been rubbed down w/ alcohol, clean paper towel is laid out w/ all shot supplies displayed for me to begin mixing (vials have been swabbed w/ alcohol as well). (a few deep breaths - watch a little tv for a minute or so)

8:50 pm: I begin, now starting to panic (no reason, just nerves). I get the water in the powder and swoosh it around for a minute or two. I look at it and swoosh some more just to make sure. Then I begin to withdraw the medicine into the syringe when I realize that the needle won't reach to the bottom of the vial like it will with the stim vials. Oh no, how do I get it all out. I turn it on it's side, bending the needle a good bit, but still not getting it all. So then I turn the vial upside down, but I'am afraid to pull the needle back. What if I pull it out too far? Anyway, I finally get it all out. I had to carefully pull the needle out to just before pulling it out of the vial (yikes). Ok, so on to changing to the injection needle and getting the air out.

8:55 pm: Shot is ready. DH gets out of his recliner. I pull my pants down to expose my right rump. He rubs it down with the alcohol. We discuss where to do it (or more like, debate where to do it). Finally, I say, "just do it". But then I realize it is only 8:56 pm... "WOAH! STOP! We still have 4 minutes!" DH laughs. I reminded him that they said, "9 pm SHARP", not 8:56 pm. So we stand there for 4 minutes counting down, "3 minutes", "2 minutes - don't go anywhere", "1 minute - come here". Finally, "It's time, It's time!... Do It. I don't care where, just DO IT!"

9:01 pm: It's done. I didn't feel a thing, and the whole time I reassured him that I couldn't feel it (just in case he was worrying that he was hurting me). I remind him to count to 5 real slow before pulling it out and to make sure it's all gone. So, he does and we're done. I rub it in for a few minutes, and I tell him that it still doesn't hurt, I'm just rubbing it in. He's so proud, he did it!

That's it. Done. Now, just ripen up little eggs. Retrieval is tomorrow.

4 comments:

Maria said...

Isn't it so nerve racking getting everything ready.

YAY! Good luck tomorrow at your retrieval. You're going to do great! I'll be thinking about you.

Nadine said...

Yes it's nerve wracking to get the time right - i can't believe you had to mix it up - they give it to us all ready to go in the needle, I also remember it hurting like hell.....

Good luck with your ER, I'm sure the eggs will be all ready

PS - I tagged you! You will need something to do in the 2ww

Denise said...

Good luck with retrieval tomorrow!

Rebecca said...

Sounds good...good luck!