Friday, February 1, 2008

Missed The Mark

When I was first sitting down on the bed this morning, I commented to the nurse on how sore my butt was from the trigger. She gave me this strange look and said he must have gone too far down and that I shouldn't be this sore. So he did, in fact, miss the mark. As I was getting this panic look on my face, she leaned in and said it's ok for this (the trigger). But apparently for the PIO shots he needs to be sure to get it in my muscle. I guess so I won't be so sore. So I now have these nice little bullseye circles on each hip. Anyway, it went beautifully. Seven little eggies and the nurse was pleased with that number. I am a bit sore down in my lower pelvis (which I expected), but other than that, I feel fine. I just woke up from a 3 hour nap thanks to acetaminophen w/ codeine #3, which was absolutely wonderful. Now, I just have to wait til Sunday morning for a phone call to find out how they fertilized and when to expect transfer. It could be Sunday (day 2) or Monday (day 3) or Wednesday (day 5).

Have a good weekend.

3 comments:

Optimistic said...

CONGRATS!!! 7 - that's great! Can't wait to hear the fertilization report! Ahh - aren't the drugs the best!

Nadine said...

CONGRATS! 7 is fab!!! happy stabbing the PIO

misty said...

Hi. Thank you for posting your story. It has encouraged me. I had 11 folicles on Friday, but only 5 were a good size. I am 31. I will have my egg retrieval on Monday the 4th. I hope that some of the other follicles grow and catch up before then. I am happy to see things went well for you. I have been reading your story this week.