Monday, February 11, 2008

I Survived...

Somehow, miraculously, I managed to put on my happy face for the baby shower. It actually wasn't bad at all. I guess I had my "it's gonna work" hat on. There were even two new borns being passed around (other side of the family). There were a few select people who knew about our IVF (my Sister and SIL, Niece and, of course, my Mom). They were all excited and hopeful. Both my Sister and SIL are nurses, so they have an understanding of the "not for sure" part of IVF. If there were other's who knew, nobody said anything. Oh, and the Mother-to-be knew, and she was very sweet and hopeful as well (and about to pop). But, thank goodness, no big deal was made and no stupid comments were made. Anyway, I managed to smile and ooh and ah as much as humanly possible. I went with a pink bag and even came home with a pink bag. Yep, I won one of the "games" that was played. I felt so smart because it was one that took brain power. :)

I had lost count of what dpt or dpo or dtb that I am. Wow, imagine that. I had to count on my fingers (too early for brain power)... I am 7dp3dt or 10dpo or 4dtb. Wow! 4 days til beta!

Also, I want to say that my heart goes out to all of those who have received bad news over the past few days. I am deeply saddened by all of your losses. It really pisses me off that anyone has to go through this painful process.

5 comments:

Maria said...

YAY to you for getting through the baby shower! I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed and praying really hard!!

Thanks so much for your sweet comment!

~Carrie said...

I'm glad the baby shower went ok! The lack of stupid comments really helps in such situations.

Four more days until beta! I have all fingers and toes crossed for you!!

Rebecca said...

Glad you got through it alright...sometimes situations can surprise us. Let's go beta!

Nadine said...

4 more days and your survived a baby shower! that's great.

Unknown said...

glad you got through it! I'm so envious of your early beta. not sure why my RE always does them at 14 dpt. (and for me, 15dpt .. 14dpt is presidents day. grr)

Hope you get through this week without too much of the 2ww stress :)
heather (saltandpickles)