Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

I've been tagged by Duck.

Here are the rules to the game:
1) Link to the person that tagged you.
2) Post the rules on your blog.
3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4) Tag at least 3 people at the end of your post and link to their blogs.
5) Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6) Let the fun begin!

Ok,so six non important things about me...

1. I used to think I liked yard work, but now I know I don't. Actually, I hate it. We are in the middle of cleaning up a jungle and it is not fun. Some 30+/- years ago somebody went crazy planting boxwoods and azaleas (yes, I know "Azaleas" but we are the Azalea City by golly so they are everywhere). Anyway, I'm sure it was fun at the time, planting tiny shrubs and bushes, etc, etc, watering them and watching them grow. And they were kept up until we moved in and neglected them for several years. I want a totally easy to keep yard where all you have to do is mow. Well, where all DH has to do is mow. I do like flowers though, so I container garden quite a bit and grow a few veggies.

2. This is somewhat connected to no. 1. I used to think I wanted to redo/fix-up an older house, but now I know I don't. If you can, imagine a 1960-something basic ranch style brick house. When we first moved in, it had wall to wall 20-something year old gold shag carpet that was way past needing to be removed. Anyway, we have spent the last 6 years slowly trying to fix it up and fix where it has been remuddled and chopped up. I now know that I want a house that is done, finished, where all I have to do is move in. All appliances work, all light fixtures work, all flooring is decent, roof doesn't leak, etc, etc.

3. I think I was Italian in a previous life. In this life I am a White/English/Irish girl w/ fair freckled skin and red red hair (actually auburn). But the reason I think I was Italian in a previous life is that I absolutely love pizza. Not so much the toppings but the pizza sauce with a little bread and cheese. I think I could eat it everyday. It's all about the pizza sauce.

4. I am a very to myself kind of person (thanks mostly to this whole IF thing). Nobody in real life knows about this blog, not even my DH, not my Mom, no friends, nobody. I don't really have very many friends, again, thanks to this whole IF thing. I (we) avoid most all social situations and holidays w/ family. Isn't that pathetic. We hang out mostly w/ DH's sister and her DH who went through IF about 15 years ago and were unsuccessful. So she and he are about the only ones outside of our parents that we talk to about it and who know what's going on. But they are excited about the prospect of us having a baby. She (SIL) wants me to have 3... one for my mom, one for her mom (my MIL) and one for her. So, fingers crossed.

5. I actually have work to do, but would rather do this. So I work for a few minutes and then blog for a while.

6. I am quite impressed with myself at how I've been able to just stop drinking beer (almost cold turkey). I have been cutting back the last few weeks and haven't had one since Sunday night (night before transfer). We, being in our mid 30's and early 40's, have developed quite a tolerance for alcohol. I mean we are pretty much professionals. My DH still drinks at least 6 or 8 beers a night. I had gotten up to 5 or 6 some nights. Every night. Our montly beer bill was as high as (if not higher than) our grocery bill. I guess it's will power. I quite smoking 3 years ago (or has it been 4). Anyway, I am soooo glad I did too. I don't see how non-smokers put up with smokers... yuck!

Ok, so now I'm tagging... Carrie, Busted and ? (still working on it). Seems so many have already been tagged. I'll have to look around more.

Have fun. :)

1 comment:

Nadine said...

Azalea - I hear you on moving into a house that just doesn't require anything, we moved into a 1920's house and most things were thankfully done, except the kitchen is so ugly and all the walls had to be painted (fake crayon flesh colour walls, yuck).

Also hear you on the friends front, we had lots when in Toronto, and I had quite a few here, but, when you can't drink liquor, you can't exactly be social, people harass you. I stopped drinking back in August, my dh makes beer for a living so i can't make him stop drinking beer.. it's work for him.