Friday, January 18, 2008

Green Light ... GO!!!


It was my ivf start appt yesterday and apparently it was everyone elses as well. The waiting room was as full as i have ever seen it. There were at least 10 boxes of meds there, mine included. That was a waste, the instructions tell you to bring all of your meds with you to this appt. so that the nurse can make sure you have enough. She didn't even bat an eye at them. Anyway, my ovaries looked good and they expect my estrogen to be good, so I got the green light to start stims. 3 bravelle and 1 menopur in the afternoons and continue 10 units of lupron in the mornings... next appt. monday 01/21.

Oh, and they said "No" to the Tylenol Sinus. Only "Tylenol" is allowed... bitches,,, na, j/k. They really are great and super nice. Anyway, headache is finally easing up. I guess 24 Tylenol will eventually do the trick. Hahahaha, na, I haven't taken quite that many.

First mixing of meds went ok. After all, it was my first time, but I got it eventually. Injection went smoothly. DH was there (first time for him). He, of course, was trying to tell me how to do it like he is a pro or something. I had to politely tell him to shut it. Anyway, I think I'll try a Q-cap this afternoon. I mean, hey, they came with the meds. If it will make it any easier, I'm there.

4 comments:

Maria said...

YAY for starting stims!!

Stinks about the Tylenol sinus, but I'm glad you're feeling a bit better.

Nadine said...

Yea! Starting stims, that's great news. Sorry to hear about the tylenol only, tylenol sucks.

Rebecca said...

That's great that you're moving along...the Q-caps do make things easier. Regular Tylenol SUCKS, but I found that once I wasn't on the Lupron, my headaches started to subside. Good luck!

Optimistic said...

GREAT News!! I'm so excited for you!! Good luck Monday.